Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Do you have a keen interest in Sports and News? Know your NFL from your SPFL? Then this could be the role for you! Here at Sky, we are looking for sharp Live Subtitlers who will be working on a wide range of Sports and News from around the Globe including Formula 1 and Premier League Football” – Development Manager
What you’ll do:
Shift based working pattern: Monday to Sunday, 24 hours including night shift; mainly home working with touchdown days required in the office (Osterley) when required
– To accurately use re-speaking techniques and to understand Dragon Naturally Speaking voice-recognition software to generate live subtitles for instant transmission of a standard to be compliant with Ofcom guidelines and Sky SLAs.
– To repurpose live captions for repeat showings. To edit text retrieved from the newsroom computer systems into pre prepared one or two-line subtitles
– To communicate with the appropriate newsroom editor and/or technical staff to obtain relevant information
– To exhibit the communication skills necessary to liaise with colleagues and newsroom contacts.
– To log and report all failures in transmission to the appropriate person or people and/or to complete the Fault log and to liaise effectively with the Technical Services department on site
– To exhibit quick reactions and responses to transmission operational problems and raise to line management/technical support.
What you’ll bring:
– An interest in, and in-depth knowledge of sport and current affairs is a must
– With training gain the ability to use subtitling software and to be able to absorb new versions or systems as introduced.
– Enough knowledge and the ability to use other software such as MS Word and Excel
– Ability to adapt to different subtitling styles to meet changing needs of the business and, where necessary, to improve output
– Familiarity with programme compliance issues
– Excellent English grammar and spelling is critical for this position as well as attention to detail which is crucial in this role
– Flexible with regards to working hours
Content, Tech & Innovation: We use the latest tech to create and distribute the best entertainment. In other words, we connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You’ll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Access to free NOWTV, for streaming all your favourite shows
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.