Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is a great opportunity to join our Identity Tribe. Based at Leeds Dock, the Identity Tribe is at the heart of Sky’s global digital platforms. You will be joining a diverse and encouraging team where the focus is on building scalable applications with security and reliability built in.
What you’ll do:
You will work to create and execute testing activities to ensure new or amended services meet requirements. Our Identity platform already supports Sky and NOW TV applications across Europe, as well as Peacock in the USA as of 2020. NBCUniversal launched Peacock as a new streaming service and has already hit over 20 million subscribers since launch. The Identity platform is a key part of this streaming service, so we’re growing our team to support them and also to take on new challenges.
– Be driven and vocal to promote testing at all steps of the development cycle to ensure quality, performance and customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do
– Join the team in interpreting business requirements to form technical actions to deliver high quality, customer focused testing solutions.
– Assist the squads with all quality assurance activities including requirements analysis, exploratory testing and test automation
– Provide client team support, participate in investigating incidents and release activities
– Have the willingness to continuously develop by learning new skills and technologies
What you’ll bring:
– Knowledge and experience of testing containerised, cloud-hosted back-end systems with REST APIs using mainstream tools (Postman, Insomnia etc.)
– Basic knowledge and experience of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) for creating automation tests (Java, C# etc.)
– Experience of creating, executing and maintaining automated test using BDD frameworks such as Cucumber or Gauge
– Experience of testing software in an agile methodology along with CI/CD using build tools like (Jenkins, GitHub, Octopus etc.)
– Great analytical skills and the QA mindset to ask the right questions
We want everyone in the Identity tribe to achieve their full potential, so you’ll get to spend 10% of your time working on your own or open source projects. Your new colleagues will support you in learning new skills, for example introducing you to test frameworks like Gauge, or working with Docker containers. There is also opportunity for you to attend and speak at conferences or similar events. All this in addition to the many benefits you’ll have access to as a Sky employee.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There’s also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.