Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Making bold decisions is a big part of our history – and with talented people like you on board, we’re confident it’s going to be a big part of our future. NOW TV is our exciting internet TV that’s revolutionising the sector with a bold approach, fresh ideas and the latest technologies. We’re transforming the way our customers view content by making Sky Movies, Entertainment and Sports available across a range of devices.
“This role contributes to a small team responsible for the delivery of robust Data Intelligence operations, creation of data marts, DevOps/change management, service management, scheduling and orchestration based on standard Google Cloud Platform tools and techniques” – Tom Dalglish, Head of Data Governance and Enablement
What you’ll do:
As a Data Engineer, you will help drive NOW TV’s Data Enablement across all products including maintenance of data marts, batch scheduling and operational support, event detection, alerts, escalation and capture of production metrics. You will be working side-by-side with the lead engineer in the design and construction of scalable data management systems.
– Work within a small team of 2 to 3 engineers to deliver the overall Data Enablement strategy.
– Write code in Python and GCP tech-stack for manage our operational services
– Have strong knowledge of the data sets required to run a Data Intelligence business. Deliver plans with NOW TV teams on operational capabilities, new dashboards, data distribution, Adobe product interfaces and general programming and scripting
– Build real-time APIs for system integration, batch operations (Airflow, Control-M.) with in-house development teams and third-party suppliers, ensuring that developed solutions meet business requirements
– API programming (REST), Python, SQL script, Unix, MS Teams. Mobile alerts and escalation management. Database table design, querying and troubleshooting
– Integrate modern data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures. Develop processes for data mining, data modelling, and data production. Create custom software components and operations
– Design and build systems for Issue Detection, Notification Escalation, Triage, Resolution, Troubleshooting and Prevention
What you’ll bring:
– Ability to interpret the business needs into data requirements
– Broad Experience in Google Cloud
– Experience in an OTT and VOD environments Experience gathering/defining business metrics
– Technical grounding across digital systems architecture, design and development and working knowledge of agile software development methodologies
– Integrity: Willingness to speak up on difficult issues with own opinions, at the same time be humble and be able to ask for help
– Strong interpersonal skills and leadership qualities with proven record in fast paced and quick changing environment
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Access to free NOWTV, for streaming all your favourite shows
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.