Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you’ll do:
Systems Developer – a key role in test development and automation.
– Create and develop new test automation systems based on test process requirements.
– Maintain and continuously improve existing automation systems as changes and requirements evolve or problems arise.
– Ongoing research and investigation into new technologies which could enhance and improve all areas within the team, not limited to test automation.
– Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of networking and server infrastructure.
– Take ownership of tasks/projects from beginning to end ensuring key stakeholders are kept up to date with any major developments or issues that may occur.
What you’ll bring:
– Previous experience and knowledge of working within a Linux based environment, ideally from the command line.
– A positive and forward-thinking attitude. A desire to consistently improve, and confidence to question existing methods and provide alternate ideas and solutions.
– Ability to work well in both a group environment and on your own. Good collaboration and communications skills are key.
Group Product: We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Chilworth site is located within the University of Southampton Science Park. The site merges nature with technology by housing multiple business premises as well as a nature conservation area. Take a relaxing walk through the historic nature grounds of Chilworth Manor on your lunch break or head up to the nearby village green where you can relax on a quiet bench for some downtime.
The site includes ample parking, a subsidised gym with shower facilities, a canteen to accommodate all tastes and requirements, and a relaxation area with deck chairs and picnic tables for enjoying the sunshine.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.