Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a key function of the Comcast Procurement Team, you will manage various core spend categories related to Consumer Products within Sky Group Procurement, working closely with key partners and executive management across various business units (including Technology, Finance, Supply Chain, and Legal). This role presents an exciting opportunity to drive business-critical initiatives in this next chapter of growth while benefiting the wider team and organisation!
What you'll do:
- Manage an ecosystem of strategic suppliers to achieve optimal supply for pricing, innovation, quality, time-to-market, etc. across key enterprise categories (e.g. STB & BB Product Chipsets, Onboard WiFi, WiFi Mesh/Extenders, iNAND eMMC, Remote Controls, OEM Fiber Products (ONT/ONU), etc.).
- Execute category initiatives (such as RFx), including analyzing industry trends, driving vendor discussions, leading deal analysis, executing contracts, and supporting cross-company strategy development and execution.
- Deliver defined savings targets and cost transformation programs across all spend categories under management, taping into relationship opportunities across the wider organization with a vigorous approach towards TCO.
- Mitigate against supply risks such as natural disasters, component shortages, and geopolitical activities by ensuring dual sourcing and first-in-queue terms with key suppliers.
- Drive aligned operating model across multiple business units (where appropriate) to enable delivery of joint product platforms across Comcast and Sky.
- Drive standardization and centralization of core procurement reporting, processes, and systems (e.g. Pricing/Volumes/Spend/Savings Reporting, Contracts, KPIs, QBRs, RFPs). Coordinate with key partners to specifically capture essential requirements for Sky within enterprise framework agreements across Comcast.
What you'll bring:
- Analytical and Communication Skills: The ability to interpret data and drive reporting with strong financial/analytical skills and high attention to detail. Ultimately, distilling complex analyses and messages into clear executive-level presentations that are communicated with clarity and transparency.
- Prioritization Skills: The ability to continually drive towards execution (employing strong project management skills) as a self-starter, whilst being flexible and adaptive to challenges along the way.
- Innovative Mentality: The natural inclination to evaluate and challenge business-as-usual practices with an open-minded, “always learning,” and proactive approach, informed by a deep understanding of the factors and challenges across the telecommunications and technology landscape.
- Sourcing Experience: The proven experience as a “next generation” procurement professional comfortable with conceptualising, pitching and executing procurement strategies for key spend categories, and subsequently driving fact-based, analytical, and senior-level negotiations based on market research and competitive analysis.
- Relationship Management Skills: The ability to collaborate with others and build relationships as a link-pin and partner to multiple business units across international geographies (e.g. Technology, Finance, Legal, Procurement across US, UK, ITA, DE). The proven ability to gather a diverse set of opinions and drive towards consensus across key stakeholders in a matrix organization, and to collaborate with both internal and external CxOs.
- Company-Minded: The lean-in and hands-on attitude of an “owner, not a renter,” with high standards for work performance, the commitment to always do the right thing, and the vision to maximize procurement’s contribution to the wider company’s goals and objectives.
We bring the best from the global market into Sky – we buy technology, marketing, corporate, operational services and editorial production solutions. We are an international team working with together to curate the most effective and efficient customer-led operating model. High ethical standards are embeded in our team, and we engage our supply chains in creating a sustainable future.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.