Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is a new role in which you will report into the Compliance and IR Manager, but will work closely with the Employee Relations team who support managers with high level/complex investigations. As an Investigator you will own and manage some highly complex investigations end to end including Grievances and Whistleblowing activity. This role will offer the opportunity to work with key stakeholder at senior management levels.
What you'll do:
As an Investigator you will work alongside the ER team and business owners to independently investigate our most complex and high-risk cases, including bullying, harassment, victimisation and discrimination allegations. You will scope, plan and complete a thorough, fair and comprehensive investigation ensuring ACAS guidelines and company processes and policies are adhered to throughout, with investigations being concluded within appropriate timescales for all involved. When drawing your conclusions, you will also make recommendations regarding whether there is a case to answer and / or other appropriate follow up action required
- Plan and manage investigations end-to-end including analysis of allegations, designing investigation plans, collect documentary evidence, chair investigation meetings, and holding debrief meetings with leadership and the ER team;
- Effectively and sensitively interact and communicate with individuals involved in the case, managing the expectations of business leaders and all affected employees
- Provide insight to stakeholders to assess issues / potential risks and make recommendation to reach balanced decisions;
- Manage a caseload of multiple investigations and prepare and maintain appropriate case files/documentation for each, including timely maintenance and updating of appropriate HR systems / trackers, and saving case documentation – all in line with data protection protocols;
- Working independently, make objective and sound findings and where appropriate provide recommendations and advice regarding corrective action and improvement.
What you'll bring:
- Proven experience in leading, driving and/or overseeing complex employee relations investigations, particularly complex grievances – this could be either as an HR professional or as an experienced investigator/business manager/leader;
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and get to the root of an issue, communicating complicated concepts clearly and simply;
- Ability to sensitively manage highly emotive situations with the credibility and confidence to challenge conflicting views of employees at all levels in the organisation;
- Strong investigation / consulting / problem resolution experience with demonstrated ability to influence effectively
- Great time management, communication and organisational skills, and commercial awareness – able to quickly size up a complex people / business situation, sort through the facts, develop alternatives and make sound recommendations;
- Resilience and able to adjust readily to volumes of work and multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change;
Our HR team is all about making Sky a great place to work that’s both fair and inclusive for our people. We do OUR best to help everyone be at THEIR best. From hiring fantastic people to offering great benefits, from supporting learning and careers to making sure everyone gets paid on time – it all makes a difference. We want our people to have everything they need to design awesome products, create amazing TV, deliver the best customer service and much, much, more!
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.