Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you'll do:
– Specify, design, commission and approve test systems for use in the manufacture of commercial TV set-top box and router products
– Lead a small but dedicated team of test software professionals located in Brentwood, Essex and their support team in India
– Interact with and maintain effective relationships with our partner factories in China and the Far East, as well as our technical support team in Hong Kong
– Deal with the technical challenges of test equipment, jig fixture design and test limit choice
– Understand statistical production data and be able to devise corrective actions where required
– Challenge existing practices and devise new ways of working as part of a continual improvement initiative
What you'll bring:
– A proven assembly line product testing or hardware design background in a high-volume manufacturing environment
– Good communication and people management skills being able to work within a diverse range of cultures and disciplines
– Experience in end-to end delivery of major projects
– Familiarity with key manufacturing quality systems such as six-sigma and lean design
– A working knowledge of statistical analysis for manufacturing processes
– An ability to speak Mandarin Chinese is desirable but not essential
Group Product: We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our location takes some beating: we’re practically in Brentwood station, which has regular trains to London Liverpool Street. If you find it easier to drive, there’s some onsite parking, while Chatham Way car park is a short walk away.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.