Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
In Finance Operations, you will be part of the financial heart of Sky, working to ensure the team continues to be recognised as a World Class finance team. You’ll be key to delivering for our business partners, freeing them to focus on delivery for our customers!
What you'll do:
As a Financial Analyst in the General Ledger Team, you will be a key part of the team, working with the Financial Controller to deliver both the operational and strategic objectives of the team.
- Prepare analysis and insight to the business to facilitate the decision making process.
- Contribute to the wider continuous improvement agenda within Sky Italia Finance Team, driving improvements in key areas
- Building long lasting relationships within and outside the business.
- Liaising with a wide network of Stakeholders confidently, ensuring that they are provided with relevant, timely and accurate information which informs and directs business decisions.
- Work to ensure that the General Ledger Team maintain a strong, robust and well-designed control environment as well as being the first point of contact for both internal and external audit assignments covering General Ledger.
- Ad-hoc reporting & analysis/ projects supporting finance/ business / Finance Delivery requirements
What you'll bring:
- Fully certified accounting qualification (CA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- An organised and methodical individual, possessing attention to detail whilst working under pressure.
- Proven record of delivery, particularly of insightful and value adding analysis to customers
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of presenting to Senior Stakeholders and building strong, long lasting relationships with them.
- Strong IT skills, particularly using Excel and PowerPoint.
- A self-starter attitude, relying less on direction and more on personal initiative.
- General ledger experience
We enable Sky to succeed by ensuring we are a cost effective, scalable operation delivering great service in an agile and responsive way. Sky Finance has a deserved reputation for being at the heart of Sky’s success – making things Simple by Design, finding the Win-Win for our business and customers, and working as One-Team.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.