Our passion? Connecting our customers to more of what they love. To do this we need to make sure we’re constantly delivering quality service and products. Make an impact by producing test coverage and ensuring software is delivered to the highest standard.
Join the teams that built Sky Broadband Routers and Sky Q. Create products used by millions. Use cutting-edge tech. Deliver top-quality software. Learn the fundamentals of software engineering, testing and gain an understanding of DevOps. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll learn a lot in seven months. After five weeks, you’ll be familiar with major software engineering and testing principles, as well as DevOps and test-driven development. Master the fundamentals of performance and API, and hardware testing and the security principles that underpin all our work. Over the remaining six months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly acquired skills into practice on current projects before moving into a delivery team, where you will continue your career as an Associate Tester.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include
• Identify and negotiate business objectives to deliver quality, customer-focused testing solutions
• Collaborate with developers to maintain and improve our test suites
• Stay up to date on the status of tests, offering solutions as needed
• Help us deliver continuous, quality code that matches business requirements.
• This role is based in Brentwood, Essex
• Programme duration is 7 months, rolling off into a permanent position
• Expected start is September 2021.
What we’re looking for
• A graduate in any degree discipline or soon will be
• Have passion for software and technology
• Be familiar with a modern-day test framework
• Familiar with applying quality assurance processes to software applications
• Aware of Agile methodologies
• A quick learner and team player
• Analytical and enjoy using logic to solve problems.
Your application journey
- First, complete our short application form by entering your details and academic information. Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be invited to complete our immersive digital assessments. This may land in your junk folder so don’t forget to check it. Complete the assessments successfully and you’ll be considered for our assessment centre.
- The first digital assessment looks at your behavioural and cognitive strengths through several questions.
- In the last digital assessment, you will be required to review various sets of information and be asked questions related to this. Part of this stage will include a recorded video interview. But don’t worry there will be practice round.
- For the final stage of your application, we’ll invite you to a digital assessment centre and give you some tasks to get to know you better. The day will give you a practical insight into the role and will assess your technical aptitude.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.
Your development journey
You’ll enjoy a brand new, action-packed, learning experience with us. We’ll help you grow into a great future leader, with the right tools and support. The 2-year programme supports you with:
Growth – Every project and role you take on will be a chance to learn and grow. And you’ll be supported by passionate colleagues along the way.
Confidence – Whatever your background, you can make a valuable and valued contribution. You’ll build confidence by getting involved and stepping outside of comfort zone.
Belonging – You’re trusted to own your day, but there’s always someone on hand to make sure you succeed. With fellow grads, inspiring each other to think big and take action. Or with your manager and wider Sky team to help build your own unique career.
Plus, you’ll have access to a range of tools, from workshops to digital courses (like LinkedIn Learning), which will help you along the way.
It’s a journey and we want you to see your progress, so you’ll get your very own development report to track your success.
Why Inclusion is important
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The current closing date for applications is 10th January 2021. But things move quickly around here, so apply now to avoid disappointment.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.