Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within the Sales and Service department in the Digital transformation area within Sky Technology. We look forward to welcoming someone with passion and energy who is keen to champion excellence in delivery of high-quality software to millions of customers
What you'll do:
– Collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams to manage delivery of significantly critical workstreams that is part of the large Programme of work.
– Managing the roadmaps for delivery of defined scope across different scrum teams working in close collaboration with delivery managers across departments.
– Working closely with Programme manager and the various stakeholders to develop the roadmaps and detailed plans for the agreed scope of work that is committed by all the impacted teams.
– Provide a view on all the risks and issues during delivery tracking that can potentially impact the plans and estimates, in a timely manner.
– Partner with Programme, Product, Engineering, and QA leads to ensure that project deliverables are developed and delivered to production as efficiently as possible.
– Work in close collaboration with the Programme team to communicate scope or milestone changes early and clearly to stakeholders to ensure buy-in throughout the organization.
– Provide executive project reporting- project status, risks, issues and mitigation plan to the Programme PMO.
– Model an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to make deadlines.
What you'll bring:
– A proven track record of technical delivery with 7 plus years in a Technical Project management role.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience with project management of Agile software development teams, including both web applications and platform teams.
– Relevant technical experience, ideally with an understanding of OTT, Streaming services and Sales.
– Experience working in large ecommerce & CRM projects is a must.
– Experience with Agile development practices is a must. Agile project management certification a plus.
– Have the ability to think strategically and tactically about technical and cross-functional issues and aptitude (and experience) communicating and collaborating across teams
– Prior professional experience as an individual contributor in the software development lifecycle (e.g., developer, designer, tester etc.) strongly preferred.
– Knowledge of tracking and reporting tools, JIRA preferred. Affinity with Confluence.
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.