Role: Senior Finance Manager
Location: Osterley, London
Salary: £80,000 – £90,000 + benefits
Full time position
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Working in a multi £bn turn over business with a balanced portfolio of cross functional capability built across FP&A, commercial business partnering / commercial negotiation, end-to-end P&L (cost and revenue) / cashflow management and capital investment appraisal required.
- Key member of leadership team for their business area, working closely with senior stakeholders.
- Single point of contact for their area, with accountability for its financial performance (up to c.$3bn revenue and/or $1bn cost)
- Excels at business partnering, working closely with the MD / leadership team of their division in building and executing plans with marketing and profitability leadership essential.
- Brings insightful financial analysis which creates value – demonstrates good judgement, presentational skills (confident with senior stakeholders) and influence skills. Driver of change.
- Provides guidance to the team by acting as a sounding board for ideas / suggestions. Works with senior stakeholders to identify opportunities and to reach agreement on changes. Accountable for the outcome
- Key source of talent for leadership roles, both in the business and in finance; strong track record of finance talent becoming MDs, COOs and CMOs
- Lead and develop a high-powered team of up to 6 qualified professionals – provide visible leadership, give clear direction, lead from the front
- Ensures there are clear objectives and escalates blockers to delivery as appropriate
- Provides team direction by allocating resource across the team to meet deliverables and to avoid conflicting requirements; taking consideration of both short and long term goals
- Holds career development and performance conversations with their team and ensures they all have development plans in place. Provides one-to-one coaching to team members and mentoring to wider Sky Finance.
- Ensures team output is accurate and timely. Promotes a culture where existing practices and processes are challenged and improved upon
- Ensures team are kept up to date with finance agenda / priorities
- Support the delivery of the wider Sky finance People Agenda within their department Demonstrating significant drive behind objectives
- Qualified accountant with over 7 years PQE and shown good progression whilst still on an upward trajectory
- You will have held a commercial finance management within a global matrix organisation
- Relevant consumer/B2C industry experience (Media, FMCG, Retail)
- Demonstrable experience of supporting businesses growth through financial management
- Experience of working closely with shared service centres
- Demonstrable people management and people development skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
#A job you love to talk about
Closing date for applications: 11thOct 2020