Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Sky Business Team and grow our network of pubs offering Sky products.
“The National Sales Manager role is a critical role both now, and moving forward, as we adjust to a new landscape now, but also embrace the challenge and opportunity of ‘building back better’ as a business. At the heart of all our plans is great people doing great things, and our National Sales Manager role, as a front line manager, responsible for coaching, supporting, and inspiring our Field Based Business Development Executives is the very epitome of this mantra. The successful candidate will be joining a truly dynamic Team, where ambition, competition, and commitment go hand in hand, with community, support, and togetherness. A role that will stretch you, fulfil you, and above all else encourage you to bring your best every day!” says Brendan Napier, Head of Field Sales
What you’ll do:
– Develop, and Execute strategic sales and retention plans for the region that address both the overriding Sky Business KPIs as well as regional challenges.
– Encourage and develop existing field sales personnel, ensuring delivery against Field Sales critical metrics and Standards of Performance, whilst recruiting high calibre new starters. All of your people should hold and follow clearly detailed action and development plans.
– Build a culture of continuous testing, challenging the “way we do things” by trialling new ways of working; both in the field and also with key partners in the Support Office
– Develop and execute regional incentive programs that drive incremental performance in sales that would not have been achieved otherwise.
– Manage people effectively through the demonstrable consistent use of Sky’s performance management tools which result in swift step changes in performance.
What you’ll bring:
– An outstanding and inspirational people leader, with a strategic and analytic outlook. Responsible for leading, motivating and nurturing a field sales team, who:
– Proactively generate new business opportunities with prospective and existing Sky Business commercial customers
– Retain and manage existing customers and turnaround cancelling customers
– Are high calibre and have demonstrated clear evidence of internal progression through your mentorship and support
– Accountable for delivering against budgeted annual subscriber and revenue growth and developing strategies, and projects to constantly improve methods of working
Sky Business TV
Sky Business is the business-to-business division of Sky. We provide a wide variety of commercial premises across the UK and ROI with outstanding entertainment, unmissable live sport and breaking news – connecting and entertaining millions of people every day. We also provide communication services to its customers including Sky WiFi and Sky Ethernet. Our heartland is the licensed trade – pubs, bars and hotels – but we also provide entertainment and connectivity services to oil rigs, sports stadiums, offices, care homes and hospitals, just to name a few.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
The role is field based
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re passionate about who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.