Sky Sports has earned a reputation for making an impact with continuous innovation in how we deliver only the best Content experience to our customers, across all our platforms. We are passionate about sport, diversity in sport, and proud of the work we deliver both on-screen and behind the scenes.
The Director of Sky Sports Content has responsibility for creating world class content across all platforms including both linear and digital and will head up a team of Producers, Presenters, Reporters and Experts as well as maintaining and developing key relationships with Rights Owners, Governing Bodies and their teams.
Be required to lead your team, providing clear direction and cultivating a culture of high performance, continuous improvement and innovation
• Produce world class content across all Sky Sports platforms, including linear, digital and Social;
• Develop and maintain key relationships with Governing Bodies and Rights Owners and their respective teams
• Embrace and drive change, through continuous improvement, constructive feedback, appropriate development plans, and be a champion for diversity in sports content production
• Regularly communicate with Sky Sports’ Executive Director of Content, Director of Production and your on-screen & off-screen teams, to ensure production and strategic alignment.
• Work with senior leaders in Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland and NBC Sports to assist with delivery
• Create a high performing culture that encourages collaboration and creativity and empowers people to succeed
• Be accountable for financial management and production within your sport.
• Provide guidance on OFCOM regulations and legal issues within editorial content
• Be an ambassador for Sky, Sky Sports and our values
• Experience of world-class sports productions across a variety of platforms, both TV and Digital
• Experience of cultivating and managing senior relationships across sports rights holders, governing bodies, stakeholders and their teams
• A proven track record of managing and motivating large cross-functional teams in sports production environments
• Astute financial management underpinned by clear decision-making
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about