This is an opportunity to join Sky’s content production team. Working closely with editorial and scheduling colleagues, the team manage a wide range of non-scripted Sky Original productions across Sky 1, Sky Documentaries, Sky Nature, Sky Crime, Sky Kids and Sky Arts.
The Production Operations Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with commissioning teams in order to ensure the most effective management of a range of activities relating to programme production from development to delivery and TX.
• work alongside a team of creative Commissioners to support the commissioning of exciting new Sky Originals, from award winning production companies
• support top entertainment shows such as A League of Their Own, fascinating documentary, and breath-taking natural history, kids live action and animation and captivating arts programming.
• request and review budgets for development and manage the process through to delivery and TX
• work with finance, legal, scheduling, compliance and legal teams to raise finance requests and ‘green light’ development
• ensure production teams are aware of, and work to, Sky’s production requirements.
• help third party producers to implement Sky’s strategies (e.g. Sustainability, Diversity, Compliance, Procurement, Finance, etc.)
• great organisational skills, with experience of project management preferably in television or other fast paced environment, you plan ahead, organise and schedule all the moving parts that bring a programme to air.
• excellent communication skills, you listen well, and have experience of managing stakeholders at a senior level
• a track record of contributing fully to the team effort and playing an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead.
• Resilience, you deal well with pressure; remain optimistic and persistent.
• Forward-thinking, you anticipate possible issues during the end to end process of programme making and proactively seek solutions ahead of time, ensuring processes continue to run smoothly
• Great attention to detail (budgeting or resourcing experience would be helpful), and the ability to manage priorities across multiple genres
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about