Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
“We want to make our product as easy to buy, use, enjoy and make the most of as possible for our customers. Achieving that is a tall order, and this role will play a key part in that. You’ll be building a new team from scratch to drive the broadest possible distribution of our service, to deliver compelling engagement whilst a customer is in the app, and to create a culture and a function that allows us to relentlessly try new ideas, build new capabilities, and to deliver the kind of service our customers demand of us. If you’re passionate about media, strategy, eCommerce, and want to lead the kind of change that millions of customers across the world will benefit from every day, then this could be the job for you” – Head of Product – Subscriptions & Payments
What you’ll do:
• Set a bold vision for your area and plans to realise them: product teams aren’t just about the product – they’re about the outcome and the change we’re trying to drive (how will you help us move the dial on commercial partnerships? Drive more product awareness and engagement? Support on an overall strategy for the Sales & Marketing product space?)
• Build and lead a team of three – two product owners we’re recruiting for at the moment, along with an apprentice who starts in September (the first ever apprentice into OTT Product): inspire, lead and help them be the best they can be
• Use bulling and partnerships to drive distribution; work to get our new partner gateway project live, build a pipeline of new partnerships, and develop a ‘cookie cutter’ model that allows us to rapidly deploy new partnerships in market with the right eCommerce journeys, reporting and commercials in place
• Rethink how we use comms to drive engagement; deliver a new solution for in-app messaging, and then take that experience and expertise and assess what we do more broadly in communications – transactional, service, marketing, push, SMS, email (we want the right message, for the right customer, at the right time)
• Build out operating models for in-app messaging and also for partner gateway – how is a change made in life? Who does what? Who sends a message? How do we manage a price change? What are the priorities, the plans, the vision? How is that communicated out to the business and the teams who use the tools to inspire and align?
• Build a model for change, ensuring we keep innovating and delivering new capabilities and ideas
• Build a model within the team and beyond to drive ongoing product innovation and change: in the team, that’s clear roadmaps, plans, a new approach to ideas; beyond the team, help us take the ideas and change we’re pioneering and make that approach mainstream across OTT Group Product
• Build a data driven team, with proper insight and reporting to analyse trends in the platforms you own, in order to improve, make changes and be clear to the business on how we’re performing
What you’ll bring:
• A passion for media and technology – it’s at the core of everything we do and are as a team
• The drive to get things done and make a difference, and the calmness to ensure we keep focused on the bigger picture when things are challenging
• A good balance between creativity and commercial skills, with great communication skills and an ability to prioritise on the go
• Relevant work experience in media, or experience working in technology, a marketing team or eCommerce
• The ability to define strategy, objectives and requirements through interviews/workshops and to improve processes and working practices, balancing costs and benefits when evaluating possible solutions
• Relevant work experience in/leading a Product Team (desirable, not mandatory)
• Line management experience (desirable, not mandatory)
• Competency/fluency in other European languages, especially German and/or Italian (desirable, not mandatory)
We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Due to COVID-19 recruitment process on some of our roles may take longer than usual. We appreciate your interest and will be in touch as soon as we can.