Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
“We want to make it as easy to buy and pay for our great content as possible – and we know that to do that, we need a great eCommerce experience and great sales journeys. Over the next 12 months we’ll be migrating our German and Italian streaming businesses onto our core streaming platform, and as part of that we’ll be rebuilding their eCommerce capability, which we’ll then be helping to support on an ongoing basis. If you love a challenge, working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment, being creative and innovating in eCommerce – this could be the role for you” – Head of Product – Subscriptions & Payments
What you’ll do:
• Lead the build out of new eCommerce sites for Sky’s German and Italian streaming businesses: we’ve got existing setups in both markets, as well as a lot of reusable capability from our UK business – we’ll be looking to you to help bring those together into simple yet great eCommerce experiences
• Run an agile backlog, owning ongoing product/eCommerce innovation, requirements definition and delivery of enhancements, working with teams across the business to understand their priorities and challenges
• Build and run an operating model for how we manage in the future: previously our eCommerce teams have worked in market, for one market – you’ll need to balance the needs of two countries, and help make trade-offs and priority calls on the shared infrastructure all our streaming markets use
• Build great relationships with German and Italian trading/commercial teams, understanding their priorities and how you can support them
• Be a subject matter expert for eCommerce for both German and Italian businesses
• Help set up reporting, tagging and defining targets/KPIs, so that we can ensure the capability is used in the most efficient way
• Provide support for strategic roadmap projects, working alongside other product leads within the wider Product Group, in our eCommerce and Marketing teams
What you’ll bring:
• A passion for media and technology – it’s at the core of everything we do and are as a team
• The drive to get things done and make a difference, and the calmness to ensure we keep focused on the bigger picture when things are challenging
• A good balance between creativity and commercial skills, and an understanding of what makes a great eCommerce experience
• Great communication skills and an ability to prioritise on the go
• Relevant work experience in technology or eCommerce
• The ability to define requirements through interviews/workshops and to improve processes and working practices, balancing costs and benefits when evaluating possible solutions
• Competency/fluency in other European languages, especially German and/or Italian (desirable, not mandatory)
• Relevant work experience as a Product Owner (desirable, not mandatory)
We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Due to COVID-19 recruitment process on some of our roles may take longer than usual. We appreciate your interest and will be in touch as soon as we can.