We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
In 2019, Comcast Corporation acquired SKY and together with NBC Universal Media, LLC created a global media/distribution company.
With Sky Procurement now part of a broader, global Procurement organisation, a comprehensive transformation program has begun, with the goal to create a premier strategic procurement function at Sky Group, closely integrated with Comcast Procurement.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As Senior Procurement Manager, you’ll be leading the strategic sourcing for Tech Hardware/Software related spend within our Procurement function, operating across Sky Group and now Comcast/NBCU. You’ll manage a team and the interaction with other departments, at a global level, including various Tech areas, Finance and Legal.
– Work with/report to the HW/SW Director, assessing and delivering against Group Procurement objectives.
– Own and lead the Procurement strategies for the agreed HW/SW categories.
– Maintain Director-level stakeholder relationships, ensuring clear understanding and alignment between their strategic Technology plans and Procurement’s direction.
– Manage a team of procurement professionals: guiding them on strategy, category plans and day to day activities. Allocate and prioritise projects and the mapping team members to key stakeholder groups.
– Work closely with Procurement and business colleagues across the Group, including Italy, Germany and the US, providing strategic commercial input to a broad range of initiatives, including Sky-wide cost-saving programmes.
– Lead negotiations with key strategic suppliers, at a global and local level, driving the most benefit to Sky.
– Have an in-depth understanding of the factors and challenges in the Tech industry and use this knowledge to introduce innovation and challenge current business processes.
– Be capable of evaluating all options against all relevant factors i.e. technical, commercial, logistical, risk etc and recommending the best option to the business.
– Proactively investigate and drive expansion of Procurement involvement in further HW & SW categories.
– Pro-active, relationship building/management skills, including excellent interpersonal and communication skills. allowing you to connect with a range of personalities
– Great negotiating skills and commercial acumen
– Organisational and presentational skills, including prioritisation and project management
– An enthusiasm for finding new sourcing approaches to balance operational and commercial pressures
– An ability to install structure around the decision-making process and ensure all options are understood
– The self-motivation to overcome obstacles and demonstrate a positive approach in the face of difficulty
– Proven high level Procurement experience, in HW/SW, including complex enterprise agreements and varying cost models.
– An understanding of relevant Tech Stacks and how they align with business needs.
– Ability to develop and execute category plans
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about