We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
In 2019, Comcast Corporation acquired SKY and together with NBC Universal Media, LLC created a global media/distribution company.
With Sky Procurement now part of a broader, global Procurement organisation, a comprehensive transformation program has begun, with the goal to create a premier strategic procurement function at Sky Group, closely integrated with Comcast Procurement.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Procurement Manager, you’ll contribute to the sourcing strategy for IT Hardware/Software spend categories across both Sky Group and now Comcast/NBCU. You’ll interact with other departments, at global and local levels, including various Tech areas, Finance and Legal.
– Work alongside the HW/SW Procurement team to assess and deliver against objectives across the Sky Group/Comcast and NBCU. You’ll also contribute to the overall strategy.
– Own and manage data gathering and analytics, on spend, contracts, market analysis etc.
– Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships, ensuring clear understanding and alignment between Technology’s plans and Procurement’s direction.
– Provide strategic commercial input to a broad range of initiatives, including Sky-wide cost-saving programmes.
– Lead negotiations, with strategic suppliers, at both global and local level driving the most benefit to Sky.
– Demonstrate a flexible approach to driving both financial and non-financial benefits to all business areas.
– Understand the factors and challenges faced in the Tech and use that knowledge to introduce innovation and challenge current process.
– Be capable of evaluating all options against all relevant factors i.e. technical, commercial, logistical, risk etc and recommending the best option to the business.
– Proactively investigate and drive expansion of Procurement’s involvement in further HW/SW categories.
– Pro-active, relationship building/management skills, including excellent interpersonal and communication skills. allowing you to connect with a range of personalities
– Great negotiating skills and commercial acumen
– Organisational and presentational skills, including prioritisation and project management
– An enthusiasm for finding new sourcing approaches to balance operational and commercial pressures
– An ability to install structure around the decision-making process and ensure all options are understood
– The self-motivation to overcome obstacles and demonstrate a positive approach in the face of difficulty
– Proven Procurement experience, specifically the development of category plans and the data analysis to feed into the plans
– Procurement process, knowledge and experience of running sourcing activities including RFPs
– Experience of working in a global / pan-European function, being able to manage varying demands and needs within a single project
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about