Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
“As part of a high-performance team of SAP Basis specialists you’ll design, install, configure and maintain our SAP system landscape whilst ensuring high availability, optimal performance and overall data security and integrity. You’ll work closely with the Finance Systems Governance & Control (FSGC) team, regional technology teams and the Global SAP team to ensure an ‘always on’ experience for our internal customers and a high customer service satisfaction rate across the business” – Operations Manager
What you’ll do:
• Monitor, update and maintain our SAP application, database, OS, environments and interfaces, ensuring they are simple, cost effective and operationally efficient whilst supporting our business needs
• Ensure environments are kept in sync and documented with changes across Operational Support and Change Delivery
• Manage SAP security and incidents to conclusion, working with teams across the business in order to identify and resolve issues on the platform efficiently
• Provide appropriate on-call operational support for the business, with increased focus during month-end procedures
• Conduct housekeeping and system administration tasks for optimal system performance and availability, including: backups, monitoring and predictive alerts, database maintenance (HANA), system exports, copies and restores, data archival tasks, batch job scheduling/maintenance and component specific maintenance
• Plan, review and implement SAP patches, support packages and notes, resolving possible bugs in the platform
• Conduct regular Disaster Recovery tests as per the defined system criticality rating, working along with the business in order to review and optimise this process
• Provide auditing/security reports to maintain adherence to ITCG and SOX compliance
What you’ll bring:
• Deep technical knowledge of and experience with SAP NetWeaver, HANA databases, Enterprise Portal, Solution Manager, BO/BW, PO/PI, Opentext, OCR Services and Data Services
• Experience as an SAP NetWeaver expert in an application lifecycle development project or operational support
• Interest in current and future technology opportunities to improve our operational efficiency
• Experience working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with a focus on trusted people relationships and results
• Flexibility to accommodate out-of-hours work in order to support our SAP platform
This role sits within the UK Tech division. Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job/remote working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.