We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“The DTA Platform Engineering and Operations team is owns the support, planning and deployment of code developed within DTA to the Production Platforms. We have on premise solutions that we are responsible for including a Netezza Suite and Hadoop Cluster. As part of our ongoing strategy we are also heavily utilising the Google Cloud Platform and require SecOps Engineers to join our Core operations team to help develop and be responsible for the security of this platform.” – Allan McAleavy, Platform Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Be responsible for the security around how we use and build on GCP. Work with our Core and DevOps teams to implement security best practices including updates to our IAC (infrastructure as code) to build and maintain a safe and secure platform. Be the interface to group security and centre of excellence to define future standards and feedback where applicable. This role will also require the successful applicant to be part of an on-call rota.
– Embed into our squad structure and drive security at the forefront of everything we do.
– Lead the development of an automated framework for security deployments and use various scripting languages
– Provide vulnerability assessments of GCP assets, deliver remediation recommendations, and provide knowledgeable assistance in resolving identified vulnerabilities.
– Lead security incidents including providing post-mortem analysis, identifying root cause.
– Provide a leading role in the department’s annual GCP Security audits.
– Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
You will have
– Experience of Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
– Practical experience of Information Security frameworks and knowledge of Data Security & – – — Privacy, Network Security, Access Control, Security Incident Management.
– Experience working in complex enterprise/cloud environments
– Experienced in architecture design, security patterns and configurations
– Strong knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration
– Implementing and testing security policies across cloud
– Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.