Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
The NOW TV Mobile Software Development team develops our platform and associated clients one. You will work in a dedicated product stream as part of a self-organising and empowered team.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate daily with the Scrum team (Scrum Masters, Developers, Analysts, Testers & Designers) to help produce acceptance criteria for user stories, providing technical and domain expertise that will help drive decision making
- Work efficient with colleagues of various technical backgrounds to turn an idea into a finished product
- Quality should be at the heart of everything you do. Along with the wider team you’ll be responsible for ensuring quality and security of the application. This will include writing and maintain existing unit tests (TDD) and help drive forward our efforts in BDD
- Create components to meet business requirements building robust high-volume applications
- Work with the platform and API teams to define the service interfaces to support the products
What you’ll bring:
Shown Android development background with proven experience in Java and Kotlin
- Broad experience of developing user interfaces, working with UX/UI designers
- Awareness of principals of running development processes with an interest in agile development practices e.g. XP, Scrum and experience with TDD/BDD and unit testing Android applications
- Sound understanding of design patterns and solid grasp of Object-Oriented design
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and familiarity with Server-Side integration
- Ability to work alone / be proactive / excellent problem-solving skills
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.