Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
“The Core Client Team is responsible for building the playback-related functionality in Sky’s OTT products. We work closely with the teams in Sky Go, NOW TV, Sky Sports and others to ensure that common functionality is built in a reliable, scalable and efficient way. We be responsible for the internally open source SDK which our colleagues across Sky used to achieve effortless playback on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Samsung TV, LG TV, PlayStation, Xbox and Roku. The SDK abstracts the complexity of achieving playback on these devices and provides a single, simple to use API. We are now looking for hardworking engineers to join us in finding new innovative ways to build features and improve upon our video players” – Principal Engineer
What you’ll do:
– Build and maintain existing solutions within the SDK.
– Contribute to planning and architecture of new features and see them through to release.
– Daily code reviews on new submissions raised to the SDK, both from colleagues within the team and externally.
– Support client teams with integration of the SDK and assist in diagnosing issues.
What you’ll bring:
– A shown understanding of software design and development principles.
– An expert-level understanding of Objective-C and Swift.
– Ability to communicate efficiently and explain complex problems in a simple way.
– Enjoy collaborating with others, both inside and outside the team.
– Ability to provide constructive and objective feedback.
Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.