Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
“Our work relies on building and maintaining the strongest relationships with other delivery teams across Sky and Sky’s partners. Collaboration and continuous improvement are at the heart of what we do. We’re looking forward to welcoming more talented people in our team” – Senior Scrum Master
What you’ll do:
• Actively contribute towards key design decisions and detailed design and implementation
• Participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle, from initial analysis and design to implementation and post launch support
• Contribute to and maintain the platform on which the service runs, including the full path to production
• Investigate, troubleshoot and perform detailed root cause analysis of issues that may occur in live systems
• Have an appreciation of new technologies and their use in innovative teams
• Demonstrate effective communication with fellow software engineers, the project team, management and various levels of the business to ensure effective delivery and integration of systems
What you’ll bring:
• Excellent core Java skills
• Application development experience in building large scale, high volume and REST-compliant web services using Java in Cloud or container-based environments
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP and experience in the use of Apache http libraries for consuming http-based web services in an efficient manner
• Software engineering practices including design patterns, unit testing with Mockito, JUnit, automated build and test systems for continuous integration (using Jenkins) and TDD
• Agile development, Scrum and XP, and development best practices such as pair programming and code review
• Experience with dependency injection frameworks like Guice or Spring
Part of the Sky family, we’re NOW TV, here to give people gloriously good TV, movies, sports and broadband free from contracts. That’s the entertainment they want, when they want it, how they want it, all on their terms. Our team members work with agility and each have the power to change what we do and how we do it, all to improve the viewing experience on the 60+ devices our customers can watch our app on.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.