We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Procurement team.
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As Procurement Manager, you will Research, Collaborate, Plan and Negotiate to Deliver savings and improved performance with Sky’s marketing suppliers. You will be working closely with the Corporate, Legal and Finance departments.
– Manage data gathering, research and analytics for the team on spend information, contract data, market analysis and other required data and reports.
– Develop good partnerships with key stakeholders, with regular communication, ensuring clear understanding and alignment between their strategic plans and Procurement’s direction.
– Provide strategic commercial input to a broad range of cost-saving and business performance programmes.
– Lead and support commercial and contractual negotiations with suppliers in partnership with Finance, Legal and your Business Partner to drive the most benefit to Sky.
– Keep up to date on new challenges and opportunities within the various Corporate categories.
– Understand how to address a broad range of risks and opportunities, i.e. financial, service, legislation, social responsibility and how to translate this into recommendations to the business.
– Prior experience in a role with a commercial element (such as exposure to contracting or negotiating fees or managing a budget and/or business analytics).
– Experience in procurement, finance or a commercial role.
– A self-starter with the ability to take initiative and produce results.
– Collaborative and inclusive with an ability to bring together broad groups of people (finance, legal, business partner, suppliers) to work to a common goal.
– An effective communicator with the ability to influence others.
– Creative problem-solving skills with an ability to identify new solutions to existing challenges.
– Take pride in delivering solutions that support how we better serve our customers.
– Fluent in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
– Web research skills and the ability to manage a broad range of projects and responsibilities at any given time.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about