We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Property Service Group department.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
We are looking for a Hair Stylist to create flawless haircuts, styles and colour for our customers.
Hair Stylist responsibilities include cutting male and female hair using basic and advanced techniques, consulting customers about styles and colours and applying hair care products, like treatment oils and masks. If you have experience cutting and colouring short and long hair and are up to date with styling trends, we’d like to meet you.
– Welcome customers and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions
– Recommend hairstyles, haircuts and colours according to customers’ face shapes and tastes
– Wash, rinse and dry clients’ hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalp)
– Cut, trim and shave hair using professional equipment
– Apply a wide range of hair colouring techniques, like highlights, ombre and balayage
– Create hairstyles for formal events and everyday looks, including braids, ponytails and buns
– Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. colour protection creams and hydrating masks)
– Form bonds with loyal customers and remember their hairstyle preferences
– Manage bookings and serve walk-ins depending on availability
– Proficiency in hair straightening and curling methods, using hot irons and curlers
– Hands-on experience with various colouring techniques
– Knowledge of a wide range of haircuts, suitable for all hair lengths (e.g. braids and top knots)
– Familiarity with hair treatment products and services, like keratin smoothing
– To be up to date with industry trends
– Excellent communication skills
– Physical stamina to stand for long hours
– Flexibility to work in shifts
– Professionalism and excellent customer service skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about