We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment brand, with over 23 million customers across seven countries. Think top-quality shows, breaking news, innovative technology – we make life better by entertaining and connecting people. Whether in front of the camera or behind the scenes, it’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
As NOW TV is part of the Sky family, you’ll benefit from either: free Sky Q (one-off payment required for installation) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as an excellent pension scheme, yearly bonus plan and private health care. You’ll also have access to continuous training and over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts a number of subsidised restaurants, gym facilities, a large cinema, barber/hair salon, grocery stores, laundry service, mail delivery offices and much more to make your day with us even more enjoyable.
Working within the NOW TV Clients team, it will be key for you to champion Agile practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Develop high quality, testable and performant software
- Work within a self-organising and cross functional Agile team
- Help to ensure user stories are developed in vertical functional slices so that each user story can be shipped individually
- Contribute to user stories using TDD and BDD approaches to ensure that quality is baked into the implementation
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Take a proactive role when seeing user stories from development through to production
- Support and maintain the live applications along with the team
- Enjoy the extensive benefits of working for a large yet dynamic organisation
- Experience with building and maintaining cross browser/device compatible sites
- Experience with software development for high quality, high capacity, high traffic and high availability customer facing websites
- Experience with RESTful Web Services, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Ability to measure page performance and apply optimisation techniques
As part of your role we expect you to be part of our on-call support rota once we deem you have sufficient knowledge. In line with many leading companies we believe in the ethos that our technology teams support their own products.
To find out more about working with us search for #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
*We’re happy to talk about flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about