This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Sky Production Services Team.
– Be responsible for on the day production technical ownership, ensuring our clients feel confident you are the go-to technical person on the production. Across all crafts, handle any changes or problems that occur and facilitate successful production completion, guaranteeing all client requirements are met and positions manned.
– Through pre-planning and preparation, certify extensive knowledge of client technical production brief and requirements on your productions, followed by production evaluation, suggesting and implementing improvements, mitigating future risks and more efficient ways of working
– Have working knowledge across all technical areas: galleries, studios, automation and enhanced control rooms
– Be responsible for the technical quality of the signal being recorded or broadcast (use various measuring devices and displays to ensure quality control)
– Be responsible for vision control duties – matching the exposure and colour balance of the cameras (“Racking”)
– Maintain and develop appropriate comprehensive technical documentation
– Be responsible for floor vision monitoring, in vision monitoring, projection systems, vision signal path management and first line maintenance procedures and escalation.
– Provide 1st line technical support acting as the key point of contact for incidents affecting studio operations
– Highly motivated skills, with a commitment to continuous self-improvement.
– Well informed and up to date knowledge on broadcast developments and production processes.
– A comprehensive understanding of all aspects technical studio processes and equipment in a Ross automation driven production environment
– All inclusive knowledge of setting up & operating a live studio, including Calrec audio system, EVS servers, Chyron, Shotoku robotics and Sony cameras.
– Up-to-date knowledge of broadcast technical equipment
– A practical understanding of all related disciplines in live and studio TV production
– Strong organisational skills.
– Excellent client facing skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about