We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
– Drive best technology and software development practices with passion and enthusiasm
– Put effective automation at the centre of what we do
– Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation
– Establish and execute platform compliance and support processes
– Providing efficient production support and issue resolution
– Liaise with teams providing dynamic development, stage and production environments
– Supporting and working alongside development teams to ensure they have the best facilities
– Own and manage relationships with multiple suppliers and/ or internal teams
– Investigate new technologies to drive the platform forward
– Worked in enterprise scale operations environments using Scrum and Agile
– Excellent Linux systems administration
– Experience of a wide variety of open source technologies and tools, such as; Puppet, Git, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Jenkins, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudfoundry,
– Good understanding of HTTP, certificates etc.
– Experience of monitoring and log manipulation solutions, such as; AppDynamics, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Influx, Kafka
– Experience of ESX and Virtual Data Centre
– Experience of delivering software using continuous delivery and deployment approaches
– Ability to code and script in multiple languages (Node.js, Elixir, Ruby, Java, Perl, Go, Groovy)
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about