Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
Part of the Sky family, we’re NOW TV, here to give people gloriously good TV, movies, sports and broadband free from contracts. That’s the entertainment they want, when they want it, how they want it, all on their terms. Our team members work with agility and each have the power to change what we do and how we do it, all to improve the viewing experience on the 60+ devices our customers can watch our app on.
Our team also develops technology for the broader Sky Group and Comcast, our parent company, supporting multi-propositional applications across the United States and Europe, such as NBCU’s Peacock in the US, Sky Spain and Sky X in Austria. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
“As our Scrum Master you’ll be a role model in demonstrating Agile values and principles in delivery, processes and actions to our software engineering team. Applying collaborative leadership techniques, you’ll facilitate the delivery of high-quality software products regularly and predictably with relentless focus on our customers, business values and technical excellence” – Delivery Manager
What you’ll do:
- Work along with the software engineering team in order to identify and mitigate issues and risks while also identifying and managing external dependencies
- Bring confidence to the team in its capability to achieve success by using effective leadership techniques, such as mentoring, to support and motivate it towards maximum performance
- Grow an effective self-organising, multi-functional and focused team where individual members recognise that team success is more important than individual success
- Help the team establish and abide by a set of “norms” that help them govern their behaviours and interactions
- Facilitate discussions to build consensus agreement and binding decisions, encouraging accountability through alignment to commitments made by the team and its individual members
- Facilitate the day-to-day process of infrastructure development and delivery and ensure the agreed process is adhered to
- Coordinate and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, planning games, showcases and retrospectives
- Maintain visibility of the right up-to-date information and track agreed metrics on a periodic basis, including burndowns, release plans and 5:15’s
What you’ll bring:
- Consulting background in Agile methods (including Kanban), with consistent success in growing and facilitating highly motivated/capable teams towards delivering high-quality infrastructure projects
- Systems design experience, including network, storage, security and planning of capacity
- Knowledge of television/video production environments, including integration with content delivery networks
- Line management experience within software engineering teams
- Ability to lead/facilitate teams through high profile incidents and to establish credibility with others quickly
- Light-touch leadership skills employing a highly collaborative approach/capable of guiding people without controlling them, but with authority when the situation requires
- Effective organisation skills capable of reducing the amount of noise and distractions/interruptions within teams
- Mentoring skills that demonstrate Agile values in every thought and action towards delivery
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special. Here are just a few:
- NOW TV premium subscription
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- Generous pension package and private healthcare plan
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight courses
- A permanent, secure contract from the start (no probationary period)
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support our people as much as we can with flexible working.
Especially during these challenging times, we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. We’re currently recruiting through a fully remote interview process and you’ll also be able to start work with us remotely. But you’ll need to be living in the UK at the time of start and able to work freely in the country.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruiter, Wander Amorim, who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky across social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.