We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
At NOW TV we approach everything we do with fresh eyes, we’re bold, ambitious and are revolutionising the sector. We’re positive, upbeat, up for it and progressive – always on, putting the customer at the heart of what we do. Innovation is in our DNA. We’re the only place you can enjoy Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract or monthly subscription. We are TV on our customers terms. We are NOW TV
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOW TV family.
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Scrum Master you will be an experienced leader and a role model for Agile methodology, demonstrating agile values and principles in delivery, processes and actions. Applying collaborative approach and leadership techniques you will facilitate the delivery of high-quality software product regularly, repeatedly and predictably through relentless focus on the customer, business value and technical excellence.
– Lead by example and a constant source of information for the team
– Work with the team to identify and mitigate issues and risks. Clearly identify and manage external dependencies
– Impart confidence in the team in their capability to achieve success and use effective leadership techniques, such as mentoring, to support and motivate the team towards maximum performance
– Grow an effective self-organising, multi-functional and focused team where individuals recognise that team success is more important than individual success
– Help the team establish and abide by a set of ‘norms’ that help them govern their behaviours and interactions
– Facilitate discussions to build consensus agreement and binding decisions. Encourage public commitments and accountability through alignment to commitments made by the team and individuals
– Facilitate the day-to-day process of infrastructure development and delivery and ensure the agreed process is adhered to
– Coordinate and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, planning games, showcases, and retrospectives
– Maintain visibility of the right up-to-date information. Track agreed metrics on a periodic basis including burndowns, release plans and 5:15’s
– Certified Scrum Master or a consulting background in Agile methods including Kanban and consistent success delivering infrastructure projects
– Systems design experience including network. storage, security and planning of capacity
– Knowledge of television/video production environments including integration with Content Delivery Networks
– Growing and facilitating highly motivated and capable teams to deliver quality infrastructure
– Ability to lead/facilitate the team through high profile incidents and establishing credibility with people very quickly
– Facilitation, participatory decision-making and conflict resolution
– Light-touch leadership that employs a highly collaborative approach to guide people without controlling them but employing authority when the situation requires
– Effective organization that reduces the amount of noise, distractions and interruptions
– Mentoring skills that demonstrate the agile values in every thought and action
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about