We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“The Digital team at Sky spends every day creating great customer experiences across Sky.com, Sky Sports, Sky News and all their apps. We’ve got bold and transformational plans for the future and we need someone who’s passionate about delivering the most immersive digital customer experiences. A team of Designers, Product Owners and great technology teams – we’re shaping the way Sky interacts with our customers digitally.” – Daryl Quayle, Head of Digital Product – App
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a UI Designer, you will work on behalf of the Digital team focusing on the My Sky App and helping to continue to develop our in-house design system. This role is fundamentally the creative execution of design work across multiple projects
– Support the Head of product in shaping the day-to-day delivery and forward-looking UI direction for Sky, ensuring it’s in line with wider Digital strategy
– Lead by example by setting a benchmark for what good looks like through clarity and an innovative approach to your creative output
– Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UI and technology trends
– Help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for all things design
– Collaborate with product and development teams in order to create new experiences and evolve patterns
– Work closely with the design team to ensure visibility and provide input into group design critiques
– Work with stakeholder groups both within and outside the My Sky app team at product owner and senior manager level
– Advocate the value of UI design and User Centered Design practices with stakeholders across the business
– Experience with a specific focus on UI design for mobile app products (IOS and Android) , or a Bachelors degree in a Design related discipline.
– Solid understanding of visual and user-centered design, and how design can meet brand, business and strategic objectives
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to different delivery skill sets within the organisation
– As obsessed with the finer detail as you are with the creative vision, you will be striving to deliver pixel perfect designs
– Motion/Interaction design experience. Strong motion/interaction design skills
– A keen interest in current trends in design and communications and the ability to turn them in to cutting-edge realities
– Strong background in gathering business requirements and translating sometimes competing business objectives into designs which meet customer needs
– A keen eye to contribute to the consistency of Sky’s global online brand guidelines, principles, templates and assets
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best
A job you love to talk about