We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your primary role will be to handle the on-going support of business applications and processes developed and supported by the Technology team.
– Manage incident management and resolution, including root cause analysis and triage of issues
– 24×7 On-call support across multiple systems and technologies
– Engage with 3rd parties to ensure speedy resolution of issues, and plan future releases
– Impact analysis of change requests, both for projects and small changes
– Proactive service improvement
– Manage creation and maintenance of technical documentation
– Participate in Change Management processes
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be used to explain technical concepts
– Relational Database Management Systems
– Industry standard ETL tool (such as Ab Initio/Informatica)
– Experience in Unix/SQL scripting
– Experience in Big Data/Cloudera
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about