We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
‘’This is a great opportunity to join our Technology – Content Supply Platforms. Our team develops and operates Sky’s Broadcast infrastructure and content delivery systems across DTH, On Demand and OTT delivery platforms. The successful candidate will work with a team of highly skilled Developers, Test and Reliability engineers, collectively ensuring that the right content arrives at the right destination at the right time.’’ – Delivery Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
– Create applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility
– Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal Sky standards and industry best-practice
– Enhance and Support existing applications / platform
– Design, develop, test and support new micro-service applications
– Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge
– Extensive system development knowledge with .Net (C#) and SQL (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server)
– Experience developing with Java (Spring Boot)
– Applied knowledge of software engineering best practice and software development methodologies. e.g. XP, Scrum, design patterns, SOLID principles, Test Driven Development, Object Oriented design and implementation, APIs (REST etc.)
– Have ideally worked with automated continuous delivery and deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes etc), and automated testing (Python + pytest, Groovy, Spock, OWASP, Gatling).
– Applied Knowledge of web front-end technologies. (e.g. React, Angular)
– Experience of working with Message Queuing (e.g ActiveMQ)
– Experience of working with .Net Core and Document / No SQL databases like Couchbase, MongoDB etc.
– Familiarity with configuration and build tools such as Jenkins, Octopus deploy, Team City and Git
– Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about