“This is an exciting opportunity to help create, develop and drive Sky News podcasts. We’re looking for someone to expand our existing suite of on demand audio with fresh commissions in order to engage new and existing audiences.” – Dave Terris, Editor, Sky News Radio.
As a Podcast Producer, you will be tasked with commissioning and producing Sky News podcasts, building on our existing programmes and devising new strands.
– Be recording, editing and publishing Sky News podcasts
– Be devising, pitching and developing new podcast ideas and strategies to promote them
– Be engaging in all Sky News platforms to ensure higher visibility of our audio content
– Develop new and existing partnerships to enhance Sky News podcasts
– Experience as a podcast producer with a flair for mixing audio creatively using appropriate sound effects and music.
– Multitasker abilities and can identify opportunities to help engage and grow an audience.
– A firm grasp of national and international news and current affairs including business and technology.
– An in-depth knowledge of the podcast market and a demonstrable understanding of the various platforms, aggregators and commercial opportunities.
– Self-starter skills with extensive studio operating, recording and editing experience
– All applications must be accompanied by examples of your audio production work.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about