We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
‘’Metadata Operations sit within Content Supply Chain, based at Sky’s headquarters in Osterley. The team is responsible for managing & maintaining all of the metadata that powers content discovery features & EPG listings across Sky Q, Sky+, Sky Go, Now TV & sky.com.’’ – Metadata Ops Manager
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Metadata Exec you will help manage a feed of enhanced metadata that powers content discovery features & EPG listings across Sky Q, Sky+, Sky Go, Now TV & sky.com
– Help to manage key content genres – QA, curation & maintenance of all associated metadata tasks using our in-house CMS (e.g. cast/crew info, imagery, live/premiere flags etc)
– Own a portfolio of TV & radio channels; ensuring editorial/technical accuracy of schedule metadata
– Ensure automated matching processes run successfully & flag/resolve where issues arise; process late schedule changes for Sky channels where required
– Tag titles with key attributes, as well as manage/maintain Sky’s internal tag vocabulary
– Ensure relevancy, quality & coverage of images, across catalogues; fixing where required
– Maintain channel/provider logos, ensuring all brands are correct & up to date
– Ensure all data conforms to Sky and Ofcom guidelines and specifications
– Monitor output & features across all downstream clients (Sky Q, Sky+, Sky Go, Now TV, sky.com)
– Work with internal teams & partners to help launch new channels/providers
– Comfortable working with large volumes of data (and meticulous in your approach)
– Great approach at planning, organising & prioritising a busy workload
– Tenacious, but diplomatic when required
– Excellent communications skills
– The ability to work to tight deadlines, independently and under pressure
– Confident in working autonomously, whilst maintaining a team ethic
– Passion about TV, movies & sport
– Passion about customer experience and Sky’s long-term success
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about