We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Legal – Telecommunications Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The role reports into the Head Counsel and comprises currently of 3 Senior Legal Counsel, one Legal Counsel and 1 Paralegal. The wider directorate in which this team is based comprises of approximately 30 lawyers covering Technology, Telecoms, Sky Business, Litigation, Sky Media & Information and Decision Science, HR, Property Service Group.
– Prepare and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts on a wholesale and retail basis
– Provide ongoing training to commercial and operational teams on legal issues
– Seek and co-ordinate input where necessary from other legal directorates and the business (particularly data protection team) and the business (e.g. Finance, Insurance teams, etc.)
– Represent Sky at industry reviews.
– Assist in ongoing improvement to risk mitigation strategies and efficiencies
– Overseeing work allocated to Sky’s managed legal service provider and other junior members of the legal team
– Assist in developing and maintaining precedent agreements
– Support and assist in project management of ad hoc projects as they arrive
– Capable of and comfortable with liaising and advising senior stakeholders at Sky including at Exec level
– The role requires a lawyer with 5+ years PQE who will have received training from a top City law firm (or equivalent).
– To be highly motivated and pro-active, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to find sound commercial solutions to challenging legal and commercial issues.
– The successful candidate, will have the ability to organise, prioritise and plan effectively as well as having a desire to learn and develop.
– The industry in which Sky operates is complex and constantly evolving as new technologies emerge. The successful candidate will need either to understand or quickly develop an understanding of this industry and the legal issues which affect it.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about