We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Legal – Business to Business Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
This role will report into the Senior Legal Counsel for Sky Business Comms. The immediate team comprises currently of a Head Counsel, 3 Senior Legal Counsel, one Legal Counsel and 1 Paralegal. The wider directorate in which this team is based comprises of approximately 30 lawyers covering Technology, Telecoms, Sky Business, Litigation, Sky Media & Information and Decision Science, HR, Property Service Group.
– Prepare and negotiate all commercial contracts, heads of agreements and associated documentation for the provision of business to business comms products and other commercial projects, providing advice on legal and commercial risks, potential impacts and propose mitigating actions
– Prepare and negotiate supplier contracts for systems and software required for provision of systems for underlying platforms
– Review, analyse and summarise legal and commercial documentation
– Seek and coordinate input where necessary from other legal directorates (particularly data protection team) and the business (e.g. Finance, Insurance teams, etc.)
– Assist in tender processes for the provision of business comms products
– Liaise directly with Partners where appropriate to negotiate favourable commercial terms
– Help develop and understand risk mitigation strategies for contractual risks
– Develop and maintain precedent agreements and all relevant end user documents
– Support and assist in project management of ad hoc projects as they arrive
– Experience as a lawyer who have received training from a top City law firm (or equivalent) and has experience advising businesses on a range of commercial, IP and other ad-hoc legal matters.
– Ideally you will have at least 3 years of professional experience but note this is a guide and applications are welcome from those with less PQE who can demonstrate all of the competencies required.
– To be highly motivated and pro-active, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to find sound commercial solutions to challenging legal and commercial issues.
– The ability to organise, prioritise and plan effectively as well as having a desire to learn and develop.
– The industry in which Sky operates is complex and constantly evolving as new technologies emerge. The successful candidate will need either to understand or quickly develop an understanding of this industry and the legal issues which affect it.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about