We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our AV Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the activity carried out by the team, keeping standards high and consistent, scheduling and tracking of all tasks within the team’s remit, ensuring requests from clients are dealt with in a timely and precise manner and people management/admin. You are responsible for the Audio-Visual Service at Sky and as a result need to ensure processes are up to date and team knowledge is up to speed.
– Be accountable and responsible for delivering Audio Visual Technology initiatives to satisfy the business needs.
– Be responsible for planning Audio Visual activities and co-ordinating across all Sky departments.
– Develop an in depth understanding of assigned Audio-Visual initiatives and services internally and externally to understand what the business does and doesn’t need.
– Manage client and stakeholder communications and overall interface from start to completion of Audio-Visual projects including design and quotations.
– Be responsible for the day to day Team management and ensuring team development and growth of engineers are tracked effectively throughout the year.
– Support the Audio-Visual department with new ideas that will enhance the quality of service to increase productivity
– Managing operational costs
– Organisation of Work allocation and on-call rotas
– Review quality of work delivered by the Audio-Visual Team to ensure standards are adhered to.
– Confident and experienced in self-managing with minimal direction needed.
– A strong presence & credentials commanding respect
– Full working understanding of Audio-Visual infrastructure and how it relates to the work place. Current systems utilised by the team include Polycom, Crestron, OpsView, Sky Q, Sky Italia, Sky Deutschland, NOW TV, MagicInfo, Omnivex, AI.
– Experience working within an events environment and a good knowledge of event and streaming technologies.
– Proven capability of governing, organising and leading small projects with significant business value on time and on budget
– Calm in stressed situations, highly self-motivating, can confidently explore opportunities and turn them into key deliverables and able to perform well in the face of tight deadlines and tough technical and organisational challenges
– Ability to build and maintain relationships at Senior and Exec Management level
– Solid analytical and logical skills
– Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to be clear, concise and accurate; where necessary translating technical information into business language dependent on audience
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about