We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Tech Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Leeds Dock and other campuses offers a pool table, table tennis, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of our experienced platform performance engineering team you will join a multi skilled team consisting not only of performance engineers, but infrastructure specialists, DBA’s, developers, Dev Ops engineers, Environment and batch specialists who collectively determine what is good enough for Sky’s customers.
– You will play a key part performing a performance engineering role across Sky’s technology platform where we strive to engineer the best experience for our customers across a number of platforms and channels.
– You will take ownership from design to delivery of the performance test engagement, meeting release commitments and technical test requirements.
– You will be responsible for architecting, designing, delivering non-functional test solutions for projects and platform releases, following the defined standards and processes.
– You will be able to juggle the high pace of delivery and demands relevant to what is important at any given moment in time often working to tight deadlines and release dates.
– You will be able to understand complex solutions and architecture, be comfortable with problem solving and determine root cause working with development, support, infrastructure and operations teams as applicable and be comfortable talking their language.
– You will promote best practice in architecture, processes and solutions and strive to continually improve everything we do.
– You will get the opportunity to work with some of the latest technologies and performance engineering/testing techniques and approaches, CI/CD, Cloud, Service Virtualisation, Docker, Containers, Kibana/Elastic, Grafana/Influx.
– Be a strong communicator who can comfortably share test findings at all levels.
– Be experienced performance engineers who can demonstrate strong technical skills and understanding.
– Have experience of industry standard performance testing tools, HPE/Microfocus Performance Center/LoadRunner or similar tools.
– Be able to multi task, prioritise and be able to manage their time effectively.
– You have a strong appreciation of complex architecture and solutions.
– You have experience of SOA and modern rich HTML5 AJAX enabled applications.
– You have a strong desire to understand the why of performance issues and not be happy just to report response times.
– You have a strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
– You have a strong desire to improve and engineer performance at all levels of the solutions from tests through to infrastructure.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about