We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Metadata Processing and Enrichment Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a member of the Metadata Processing and Enrichment within Content Scheduling Platforms, you’ll help drive office broadcast TV and Targeted Advertising projects
– Design, develop and test new micro-service applications.
– Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge.
– Create applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
– Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal Sky standards and industry best-practice.
– Extensive system development knowledge with .Net (C#) and SQL (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server)
– Applied knowledge of software engineering best practice and software development methodologies. e.g. XP, Scrum, design patterns, SOLID principles, Test Driven Development, Object Oriented design and implementation, APIs (REST etc.)
– Experience with automated functional and non-functional testing technologies (e.g. Python + pytest, Groovy, Spock, OWASP, Gatling)
– Experience with developing for containerisation and orchestration tools such as, Docker, Rancher and Kubernetes.
– Applied Knowledge of web front-end technologies. (e.g. React, Angular)
– Experience of working with Message Queuing (e.g ActiveMQ)
– Familiarity with configuration and build tools such as Jenkins, Octopus deploy , Team City and Git.
– Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best
A job you love to talk about