We’re looking for our next Graduate Recruit, a fantastic opportunity for a journalism student to join Europe’s leading 24-hour rolling sports news channel.
You’ll be working alongside award-winning journalists who deliver breaking news, exclusive interviews and insightful analysis for all our platforms.
“The perfect place to start your career in a vibrant working environment, learning from the best in the business,” – Matt Ford, 2019 Graduate Recruit.
Be based in our news room, where you’ll be exposed to all aspects of our news-gathering and production operations.
You’ll rotate around the different teams, learning key disciplines including planning and researching stories, writing articles for our website and other platforms and learning TV production skills.
• Contribute ideas for developing stories
• Arrange interviews with sports men and women
• Work closely with Sky Sports’ family of channels to promote live sport
• Produce content for TV and online platforms
• Script-writing for TV and editing pictures from news stories and sports events
• Create eye-catching graphics
• Collaborate on innovative ways to deliver content our customers love
• Work on the channel’s acclaimed coverage of Transfer Deadline days
• A passion for sport and journalism
• Knowledge of Sky Sports News and associated platforms
• An understanding of Sky as a business
• An understanding of modern news consumption habits
• Good communication skills
• A collaborative and inclusive approach to working
• Creativity and good writing skills
• Hold or be studying for a qualification from an accredited journalism course (eg NCTJ / BJTC).
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
A generous pension and 25 days paid annual. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about