We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Tech Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Field & Datacentre Operations Engineer you will join our Network Field Ops department working within the South East Region (Surrey & West Sussex). The role will follow a 37.5 hours a week shift pattern, comprising 3 weeks of days, 1 week of nights and a 24/7 on call week.
– Be part of a Team responsible for the physical Implementation and First Line Maintenance on Sky’s core IP and Transmission networks, which supports Sky products including: Broadband, Talk, Mobile, Corporate, and Wholesale services.
– Cover the day to day operations and maintenance within the Sky POP and Datacentre environments ensuring all support functions are performed to Sky’s exemplary standards.
– Be responsible for the physical implementation and preventative maintenance within the Sky LLU Estate.
– Be responsible for the restoration of network faults within a defined SLA
– Proven experience within the Telecom / ISP industry
– Demonstrate experience in Datacentre operational environments
– Technical knowledge and experience of network installation practices and procedures for various network vendors such as Cisco, Nokia and Huawei
– Good knowledge and understanding of industry standard fibre optic specification.
– Experience in the installation of copper (Cat5e, Cat6) and fibre optic structured data cabling is essential.
– Good knowledge and understanding of undertaking Audits and Record Management.
– Have the ability to work both within a team and on your own effectively.
– Please note this role requires a full UK driving licence or equivalent.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best
A job you love to talk about