We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“Based in Leeds, our Technology team is one of the largest technical hubs in the UK, it’s a strategic location for our business and offers a vibrant place to live and work.
Our Digital Content team has a real collaborative feel and there’s loads of room for development. You’ll have the chance to use cutting edge tools and technologies to help deliver a service to over 30m unique users on a monthly basis across web, tablet and mobile” – Senior Dev Ops Engineer
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Leeds Dock campus offers a pool table, table tennis, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As part of the Digital Content team, you will provide support for all technical aspects relating to systems providing our full range of products as well as other sites and products we provide to 3rd parties.
– Provide effective technical support, predictive and active Incident analysis, and ensure operational issues are managed and progressed as quickly as possible to their resolution.
– Ensure that any changes to existing production platforms are captured in the change management system and released at a time appropriate to the risk involved (which may be out of hours)
– Attend relevant meetings to represent the department including the Change Advisory Board, daily stand-up, sprint planning and retro.
– Includes provision of on call support.
– In depth knowledge of Linux operating systems primarily RedHat
– In-depth experience of Networking principals
– Significant skills in a scripting language such as bash.
– Experience of Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Heroku etc.)
– Experience of common infrastructure and application monitoring platforms (e.g. Nagios, Opsview, Grafana, Observium)
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about