We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Consumer and Regulatory Legal team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Our Consumer and Regulatory Legal team give industry-leading advice to Sky’s most creative and innovative people and lead on industry issues concerning the design, sale and marketing of Sky’s wide range of products and services including Sky TV, Sky Broadband, Sky Talk, Sky Mobile and NOW TV.
– Acting as a key contact for Sky’s fast paced sales & marketing and product teams for advice on day-to-day consumer issues. This may include liaison with consumer-facing regulatory bodies such as the ASA, Clearcast, Ofcom, the FCA, Trading Standards, and with Sky’s competitors.
– Advising on product and service propositions from initial concept to development, launch and beyond including customer contracts.
– Advising on broadcast and non-broadcast advertising, campaign development and product / service claims development.
– Advising on customer sales journeys and processes, including consumer contract terms and the provision of key information.
– Advising on consumer credit law and related regulation.
– Advising on the impact and implementation of consumer regulation and contributing to the development of new consumer policy and law in consultation with industry regulators and the business, including managing Sky’s response to consumer regulatory consultations, reviews and investigations.
– A qualified lawyer with strong academics and experience in private practice or in a leading in-house team, ideally with experience in the pay TV, telecommunications, digital services or general retail sectors;
– A positive outlook and enjoy working in a collegiate and collaborative way;
– Competence and confidence in your field, with strength in legal advisory work and have the ability to think laterally to find solutions, work at pace and prioritise effectively; and
– Experience of leading multiple stakeholders empathically with a resilient and pragmatic approach to getting the job done.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about