We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“This role is an exciting opportunity to join the Compute Platform team at Sky which is comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals. The team are responsible for the underlying infrastructure of the Broadcast side of Sky and work closely with the application teams that provide some of Sky fantastic products. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work through critical issues, to delivering cutting edge technology, you should consider Sky” – Manager of Compute Platforms
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Be responsible for delivery, configuration, maintenance and continual improvement of the infrastructure required by the Compute Platforms team. The estate comprises physical servers, VMWare guests and cloud virtual machines. The role will include project build, delivery and support of mainly Linux servers along with on call duties. An ideal candidate will have a passion and skills for automation with a view to working within an SRE type environment.
– Take ownership of technically challenging incidents and requests, ensuring operational issues are managed and progressed as quickly as possible.
– Liaise with 3rd Party vendors and system providers
– Ensure that any changes to existing production platforms are captured in the change management system and performed at a time appropriate to the risk involved.
– Create and maintain documentation
– 5+ years technical experience
– Excellent UNIX and Linux skills (build, administration, development, trouble shooting)
– Veritas InfoScale – Cluster, Volume Manager experience
– Configuration control experience- Ansible, Puppet and Git
– Administrative experience of VMWare vSphere
– Strong scripting skills- Python, Bash and Understanding of Storage, TCP/IP Networking
– Infrastructure experience from the ‘Ops’ side of ‘DevOps’, SRE desirable
– Experience of Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) & related tools will be desirable.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about