We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“Our team is fundamental in bringing all the elements together within On Demand. We work with a number of varied editorial and technical teams to ensure that customers have the very best experience accessing the great content Sky and its partner channels have to offer, whether they are at home or on the go.” – Chris Stamper, VOD Scheduling Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The VOD Scheduling team works across On Demand in key areas such as Box Sets, Kids, Catch Up TV and Homepages. Duties include the accurate scheduling of programmes across Sky+, Sky Go and Sky Q to ensure the best titles are available for Sky customers daily. Accuracy and attention to detail are core skills required for this role. Whilst the role is focused on operational implementation, there are opportunities for creative individuals to contribute to the editorial vision of On Demand. As a member of the VOD Scheduling team within Content Planning Operations, you’ll help drive/facilitate/manage:
– Work with editorial teams to implement their vision and strategy within various content management systems
– Build and maintaining relationships with other key parts of the organisation such as Media Management, Marketing, Stills, Linear Scheduling teams and Compliance.
– Review channels/VOD sections to ensure UI is as expected, content is appearing as it should and ensuring that the best possible images are being utilised
– Troubleshooting with relevant internal teams and liaising with them on system improvements
– Work across all sections within On Demand
– Having the imagination, foresight and understanding of competitor activity to challenge and change the way On Demand works, as well as giving ideas for improvements to the proposition.
– Comprehensive knowledge of VOD and a passion for content
– Excellent attention to detail
– Organisational ability to manage workloads and have a talent for working with others
– Flexibility to manage late changes and react to schedule amendments
– Experience of data entry and system inputting
– Have a curiosity and passion to seek out new ideas, to challenge the status quo and to ensure that the customer experience within On Demand is the very best it can be
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about