We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Now TV is just over four years old. We approach everything we do with fresh eyes, we’re bold, ambitious and are revolutionising the sector. We’re positive, upbeat, up for it and progressive – always on, putting the customer at the heart of what we do. Innovation is in our DNA. We’re the only place you can enjoy Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract or monthly subscription. We are TV on our customers terms. We are Now TV.
“We need a domain expert client application manual tester who is keen to impart key skills from a wealth of experience. They will be joining NOW TV’s Core Client Engineering team” – Scrum Master
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
In this role, you will be part of an Agile tech Delivery team, to work closely with Software Developers and other QA engineers, to deliver the highest quality products in a timely manner. Unlike traditional feature teams we work across a number of different technologies including GraphQL, AWS, React and Concourse.
– Play a key part in validating that our devices are working as expected often with associated improvements in performance and memory management when new tech is introduced
– Carry out manual functional testing and regression testing across TV Devices reporting, managing and calling out any defects raised
– Promote testing at all sets of the development cycle
– Be able to sniff traffic requests via Wireshark, Charles Proxy or something similar
– Actively contribute to ‘building right thing’ to deliver quality product faster to our customers
– Continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression and Automation
– Manual Testing experience across Web, Consoles and Connected TVs
– Experience using Wireshark and/or Charles Proxy
– Outstanding communication skills to a technical level
– Excellent troubleshooting skills to discover the root cause of complex issues
– Supporting skills: Configuration Management and CI Tools
– A strong desire to demand and provide clarity
– The ability to find ways to improve
– Knowledge of client application architectures and patterns
– A passion for learning and sharing knowledge
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about