We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Now TV is just over four years old. We approach everything we do with fresh eyes, we’re bold, ambitious and are revolutionising the sector. We’re positive, upbeat, up for it and progressive – always on, putting the customer at the heart of what we do. Innovation is in our DNA. We’re the only place you can enjoy Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract or monthly subscription. We are TV on our customers terms. We are Now TV.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOW TV Team.
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Java Developer you’ll be passionate about technology, enjoy pairing with other capable people and interested in learning and using Agile methodologies to make valuable contributions to NOW TV’s products and services.
– Learn and apply software engineering principals and technology.
– Participation in all stages of the software development, from initial analysis & design to implementation and post launch support.
– Contribute to and help maintain the platform on which the service runs, including the full path to production.
– Assist with investigating, solving issues and performing detailed root cause analysis of issues that may occur in live systems.
– Effective communication with fellow software engineers, the project team, and management to assist with the effective delivery of these systems.
– Experience using Java in a professional environment
– Experience with Agile development, preferably Scrum or Kanban, and especially pair programming and code review
– Experience with Java 8 features
– Understanding of HTTP, and use of HTTP libraries
– Experience with using Cloud or container-based environments, especially AWS or Kubernetes
– Exposure to modern software engineering practices such as: design patterns, unit testing with Mockito and JUnit, automated build and test systems for continuous integration such as Jenkins, TDD
– An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
– The ability to take ownership in your work
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about