We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We are looking for a Senior Media Operator to join the Sky News playout team based in Sky Studios in West London.” – Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Senior Media Operator, you will be the main source of fast turnaround, playing material directly out to air by using the instant replay kit, LiveTouch. Content can be rolled to air within seconds of coming into the building making the process instantaneous and high priority.
– Work alongside the production team and gallery staff to identify and provide the best vision for on air.
– Use a variety of equipment, including LiveTouch, EVS, sQ Play and Abekas.
– In the event of a system failure, you will be required to play all clips out to air manually. This requires strong focus and calmness in a high-pressured environment to ensure no mistakes are made to output
– Provide a high level of customer service and excellent client focus at all times.
– Work alongside, and in other departments within Content Services, utilising industry best practices to deliver a first-class service to all clients, whether internal or external
– Be able to work on a rotating shift pattern that covers 24hrs / 7 days per week.
– A demonstrable ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressured TX Critical role
– An aptitude for learning and a motivation for continuous development as a multi skilled operator
– Excellent organisation skills
– The ability to react quickly in line with the general nature of live broadcast
– Clear and effective communication skills
– An ability to take responsibility for certain areas of work and be proactive with problem solving
– A desire and ability to develop the skills of colleagues through training and development
– A strong knowledge of and interest in current affairs and sports
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about