We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“The DTA Platform Operations team is part of the Data Technology and Analytics Department (DTA). DTA looks after all things data within Sky. The DTA Platform Operations team is an essential cog of DTA making sure that Environments are consistent, process is followed when deploying code. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and help determine its ways of working” – Platform Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be part of the team driving how we utilise the Google Cloud Platform and be focused on improving automation, reliability and performance at every level.
The role may also require you to do some on-call work
– Automate templating and management of virtual machines and storage
– Maintain several platforms and applications hosted on Google Cloud
– Provide technical support to users of GCP and ensure operational issues are managed and progressed until resolution
– Troubleshooting environmental problems through to resolution
– Contribute to a DevOps culture of collaboration, communication and automation
– An enthusiasm for new tools and methods to help shape the culture towards true DevOps
– Good working knowledge of Ansible.
– Good working knowledge of virtualisation, linux administration and a scripting language.
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Attention to detail, tenacity.
– Good problem-solving skills
– A driven individual with their own individual goals and objectives that they want to achieve by working with Sky
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about