We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We’re looking for an enthusiastic Motion Designer to work across a huge portfolio of Sky Sports content. We are responsible for the all programme branding, title sequences, sets, promos and channel idents for an array of sports rights, including Premier League, Formula 1, International Cricket and Golf Majors. As a Middleweight Designer, you will be pretty involved in developing ideas and design concepts to help promote all this amazing sport – see some of our work here.” -Chris Sharpe, Design Director
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Motion Designer, you will take an important role in our team in Sports Design. As part of the team you will be contributing on a broad range of creative work across all output, comprising fast turnaround design, long term project work as well as collaboration with the wider design team across broadcast and digital platforms.
– Put forward concepts and ideas for broadcast graphics and set designs around flagships shows such as Super Sunday, Monday Night Football etc.
– Generate ideas and execute designs to best promote some of the amazing sports rights Sky owns: The Premier League, F1, NBA, England Test cricket, etc
– Be involved in ideation and brainstorming for design and branding around new sports competitions that Sky might host or partner with such as The Hundred, or Netball World Cup.
– Be part of an exciting Design team across Sports and Sports News design and integrated into a world-class Design team for all Sky brands.
– A real flair for design
– Experience and skills in the fundamentals of design: composition, typography, colour theory and image making
– Expert use of Adobe suite, specifically After Effects. An understanding of Cinema4D would be preferable but not compulsory.
– The ability to multitask and work effectively, both on your own and as part of a team, to a variety of stakeholders.
– The ability to take direction and interpret a brief.
– A good understanding of broadcast industry ideal, but experience in broadcast design not essential
– Ability and confidence to liaise with Production on briefs and to take direction from Design Leads and Design Director.
– Great communication and presentation skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about